Tuesday, June 8, 2010

IT Courses

Last week, I attended a Mac training. Two people had signed up for this training, but I was the only one who showed up. This allowed me to have an hour and a half with Mr. Lee from the Help Center. I don't have a Mac and have not used one in the past. I don't know what the icons mean and don't yet understand all of the capabilities of a Mac. However, Mr. Lee showed me quite a bit and recommended that I continue to work with one, which I will do by "playing" with a Mac when I am at MSU this summer and asking for assistance from those whose knowledge is greater than mine. Mr. Lee could not have been nicer and I am appreciative of his lack of judgement with regard to my abilities. He happens to be a Livingston parent so, we spent a bit of time discussing the schools and the counselors I know who are in Livingston.

I am also enrolled in a Blackboard 9.0 course this week and a Creative PPT training next week. Some of the students in my classes have developed incredibly sophisticated PowerPoint presentations and I look forward to being able to create similarly elegant presentation with all of the bells and whistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment