Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Resume and A Day in the Life of a Middle School Counselor

I think I just might have this. Wait and see. I believe I am attaching my resume and a copy of my document, "A Day in the Life of a Middle School Counselor.

Although I am not using the format described in Thriving for my resume, this is a format I use and have recommended. I like the Professional Highlights section and prefer work experience, even if it is just practicum or internship, to be immediately after that. I know the authors of Thriving suggest that the Education section should be near the beginning of a resume, but I would prefer to see what you are most proud of and what you have done related to your work. When I would read resumes, this was far more important to me than your education and your GPA. I hope this will be helpful and please contact me, if you need assistance with your resume.

I am about to push the orange "Publish Post" button. I hope this works . . .

1 comment:

  1. https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1ag_ODoRB38oaBrnLnZSEwjBG4iyw7yvBCuintZOp1KY&hl=en

    ReplyDelete